This is my review of the sexy off shoulder top made from McCall Pattern M7836. I rolled my sleeves up (personal choice) but below there are pictures of the long sleeve finish.
- Was this top easy to make? Where the instructions easy?
Yes. Very easy. The Pattern was easy to read as well.
- Which view did you make?
- Would you change anything about this pattern?
Yes, I would eliminate the stitching of the 2 front pieces together. I would just tape the two pattern front pieces together and make one piece. I did not care for the stitch down the middle of top.
- Did you like your fabric choice?
Ehhh, it was o.k. You know, I went to Joann fabrics for the fabric and they do not have a large diverse selection anyway, so I just chose one and went with it.
- What Fabric did you use?
It was a cotton knit. It almost looked like sweatshirt fabric but not really. You need a little stretch in your fabric for view C so that you are able to pull it over your head for the next piece.
- Did the finished product look like the photo on the pattern envelope?
Yes. I would say definitely.
- Does this pattern fit true to size?
I think so, I always cut a size or two bigger than I need so that I can have room for error.
- Would you remake this pattern?
Yes, definitely. It’s a cute top.
- Would you recommend this pattern to others?
Yes. I love all the views. I say go for it.